Wednesday 15 July 2015

iPhone to Android

After seven years as an iPhone user I have decided to give Android a go. Going into this, my expectations are:
  • significant financial saving on the handset
  • expandable memory on the device
  • pain in the switch over
  • better integration with the services I already use (basically the Google suite)
My first hope was immediately dashed - somewhere along the lines, the handset manufacturers decided to start selling premium phone at premium prices. Fortunately, and unlike the Apple world, prices fluctuate massively so I eventually found an LG G4 for under £400 which was a significant enough saving to be worth a go. It also seems to be one of the few front-runner phones which offers replaceable battery and memory expansion - it seems these features are dying out which is disappointing.

I'm expecting switch over pain. It's a new operating system so there is no way it will be a seamless transition. Also, the handset I've bought is much bigger than my old phone so I'm expecting it to take some time to get used to that.

There wont be any comments on speed here. I'm coming from an iPhone 4S so the new phone will be faster, but it's hardly a point of comparison.

A collection of thoughts and experiences through the change over:

No comments: